Hi Fellow Juju Lovers!

I’ve been a bit of a product junkie with Juju’s hair because I desperately needed to find the right products to keep his delicate strands moisturized.

Juju’s hair is prone to fairy knots.

If you don’t know, Fairy knots are actual strands of hair that knot within themselves and often add other adjoining hairs into the mix creating even bigger knots. These tiny knots (so tiny that “fairies” must have made them) are annoying and quite common for curlys and naturals.

Fairy knots are annoying for the adult natural so you can imagine the fight I have with this guy to try to detangle.

He doesn’t like me to touch his hair AT ALL.

I have about 6 seconds to style his hair while he is brushing his teeth in the morning, so let’s just say finding the right product was a must.

I tried out a few popular brands, that I won’t mention because I absolutely hated them. Ironically they were the same products that almost everyone in the world loved, but my 3C hair hated. Not realizing how similar our hair textures were (fine), I tried them out to failing results.

At the recommendation of another mom in a Facebook Group, I tried Camille Rose.

I tried Camille Rose once as a sample in my Curlbox several years ago. I loved the conditioner, but never tried them again. I recently saw them pop up on the short list of hair product lines that are still Black Owned and decided now was  a great time to give them another whirl.

I am so glad I did!

The consistency of this product was so light, but so rich and creamy. As I mentioned earlier, I have about 6 seconds to quickly add product to Juju’s hair and work through. This sundae glaze is so light I can quickly rub it through his hair vertically (3 secs) and then take a second pass to separate his curls horizontally ( 3 secs). Let me tell you, this product can be placed on the hair and it will SEEP on through and about 5 minutes later my baby’s curls were hydrated and unfrizzy.

Not sure what your hair type is? Find out here

Juju’s hair is also low porosity. So it requires a slightly different technique to get moisture in AND keep it sealed in. I use the LOC (liquid, oil, cream) method to moisturize every other day.

These products smell so good (like mandarin oranges) and work so well that I started using it in my hair as well.

Want to try Camille Rose for yourself? Scroll down to find the links to purchase the products featured in this blog!

Our Nightly L.O.C. Routine

• Wash and Condition- Weekly Water Rinse- Nightly (L)
  • Jamican Black Castor or Argon Oil (O)
  • Camille Rose Leave In Conditioner (C)
  • Morning refresh with Water in a spray bottle and a DAB of Camille Rose Brown Butter Melt.

My Camille Rose Favorites!

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
StumbleUpon

Shop Our Favs

*Some of the links featured in this blog are from affiliates who compensate me. However, this does not influence my evaluations. All opinions are my own.*

(Visited 62 times, 1 visits today)

21 Comments

1. Colleen August 13, 2020 at 10:57 pm

Aww, he is the cutest little man ever! I love all the ‘tude he has. I can just see it in the picture. LOL

2. Bill August 13, 2020 at 10:59 pm

6 seconds has to be a new record for squeezing in anything with a kid. LOL. I guess with those fairy knots, his hair probably doesn’t feel great when it’s being messed with.

3. Lashunta August 13, 2020 at 11:37 pm

I love Camille Rose products. I’ve used them on my kids hair for a while. Your little guy is adorable.

4. JP August 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm

Hahaha I totally get how hard it is to fix a kid’s hair. When they grow a bit older they’ll want to fix their own hair but end up asking for help.

5. TheHappyMommie August 14, 2020 at 7:50 am

Awww , he is so adorable, and I totally get you girl, I have to literally threaten my 3 year old to let me shampoo her hair ! she also hates me touching her hair !

6. Gervin Khan August 14, 2020 at 8:52 am

Your kid’s hair is cute, as well as him. But the product is absolutely great!

7. Lucy Clarke August 14, 2020 at 10:48 am

Ah, fairy knots! So that’s what you call those annoying little knots. Thanks for recommending these products. Will defo check them out for my little one’s curls.

8. Ntensibe Edgar Michael August 14, 2020 at 12:55 pm

Hihi….I feel attacked here! I, just like Juju, don’t like my hair being touched. It can be a huge struggle finding the “right” products for his hair!

9. Matt Taylor August 14, 2020 at 3:57 pm

That is awesome that you found hair products that work and that you like for JuJu. If only I had hair…haha 🙂

1. admin - Site Author August 26, 2020 at 3:13 pm

Haha!

10. The Joyous Living August 14, 2020 at 5:19 pm

oh man. those fairy knots sound like a huge nuisance. i remember my black gf about her hair treatments at the salon and she told me how long it took and all the pain involved. and poor Juju not even wanting you to touch his hair. that must make it extra tough. just tell him that he has some gorgeous curls.

1. admin - Site Author August 26, 2020 at 3:12 pm

He is getting much better with getting his hair combed. This product is really helping!

11. GiGi Eats August 14, 2020 at 10:17 pm

Facebook groups can be SUCH AMAZING resources!!! I have learned SO MANY THINGS from other parents!! 🙂

1. admin - Site Author August 26, 2020 at 3:11 pm

I’m absolutely learning that Facebook groups have a ton of info!

12. chei August 15, 2020 at 2:04 am

Oh this product looks so great! I will definitely share this to a friend. Thanks for sharing.

1. admin - Site Author August 26, 2020 at 3:13 pm

Thank you for sharing!

13. Emman Damian August 15, 2020 at 3:14 am

Camille Rose Kids Sundae Glaze sounds so good. I hope I can use these products for my niece too. She’ll love it!

1. Maysz August 15, 2020 at 7:05 am

Your baby look so adorable and he’s hair looks him cute. This product sounds nice for kids I woul d love to check this brand.

2. admin - Site Author August 26, 2020 at 3:13 pm

Try amazon!

14. katrina Kroeplin August 18, 2020 at 2:25 pm

it can be hard. my daughter doesn’t like her hair brushed. these look amazing.

1. admin - Site Author August 26, 2020 at 3:15 pm